HOW TO OBTAIN A VISA?
- To apply for a visa, make an appointment with the Visa Office through the Prenot@miportal. The Office receives every morning from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 to 12.00 and on Tuesday afternoon from 14.30 to 15.30. On Monday and Wednesday afternoon, the Office receives only for document collection. Confirmation of the appointment will be sent to the email address provided. As a rule, the visa must be requested at least 15 days beforethe scheduled departure date.
- Fill in the online form for the C Schengen C visa, or download the form for the national D visa
On the day of the appointment, the applicant’s physical presence is requiredfor biometric data collection(fingerprints). Children under the age of twelve and those with special needs are excepted.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME ON THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT?
- Valid travel document(up to at least three months after the date scheduled for departure from the territory of the Schengen States)
- Passport-size photo (front, in color, recently taken, white background)
- Receipt for compilation of online form (with QRcode) or printed and completed form
- Those who are not citizens of Mozambique, Eswatini or Botswana, must present proof of residence in one of the countries.
- Minors traveling alone need express consent from parents or legal guardian. If the minoris traveling with only one parent, express consent of the other is required.
- Citizens residing in Botswana can apply for a visa at the Consulate General in Johannesburg through the Outsourcing Office in Gabarone (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Updated list of visa issuance perceptions:
- 80 euros for Schengen visas;
- 116 euros for long-term national visas;
- 50 euros for long-term national visas for study purposes.
Payment of consular fees by electronic payment (credit / debit card) is preferred.
DOCUMENTATION and SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR THE VISA APPLICATION
With the exceptions (visas for family members of EU citizens, etc.), those applying for a visa must produce:
- documentation certifying the availability of adequate means of subsistence for the intended stay (for example account statements; salary slips; declaration of the inviter who takes care of the guest…);
- Schengen travel health insurance;
- round trip ticket (or booking) and proof of accommodation availability(hotel booking, declaration of hospitality, declaration of assumption of accommodation costs by the inviting institution)
- any letters of invitation and declarations(especially for business and tourism visas / invitation).
VISAS FOR STUDY
In addition to the above, to obtain a visa for study reasons it is necessary to have completed the enrollment or pre-enrollment procedure for the course of study to be followed in Italy, through the UNIVERSITALY portal .
HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC AND SERVICE PASSPORT
Mozambican citizens and citizens of the Kingdom of Eswatini who hold diplomatic passports are exempt from the visa requirement for stays in Italy of less than 90 days (in one or more periods) over a period of 6 months.
The visa application form and the facsimile of the invitation letter are available under “Forms” on this site.
For any need you can write to email@example.com
List of supporting documents – EU Commission Decision (2014) 6141